Hello, my name is Annette Santos. I am a journalism student at the University of Houston currently researching Latino voting trends in Texas.
Below is a short questionnaire on voting. There is no “right” or “wrong” answer to these questions, simply your own thoughts and opinions. The information gathered here is strictly confidential.
I am trying to gain a better understanding of how my peers, you included, feel about this topic. However, if you would like to have your opinion sited as a source in my research paper, you may indicate it by writing “yes” under “Share my opinion.”
Thank you for your time.
- Share my opinion:
- Education level:
Origin & Ancestry: (Ex. Cuban on father’s side, Mexican on mother’s side, born in the US)
- Language(s) spoken:
Political ideology, if any:
- How do you feel about voting?
- How do your parents feel about voting? Is it a topic discussed at home?
- Have you or your friends engaged in a conversation about voting? How do they feel about this topic?
- Did you vote in the last major presidential election in 2012? Why or why not.
- Do you or have you ever voted in statewide or local elections? Why or why not.
- Are you currently or have you ever participated in any political organization geared towards advocating voting?
- Do you think Hispanic voters in Texas are actively engaged in voting? Why or why not?
- Do you think education plays a role in voting? Why or why not?
- How do you feel about enforcing stricter ID laws? Redrawing district lines in Texas?
- According to an opinion piece on Political.com, “Latinos are a powerful and unrealized political force in the country.” What are your thoughts on this statement? Do you agree or disagree? Why or why not?
- Any final thoughts on voting? Is there something you would like to add that I may have overlooked on this topic?